Deciding between a bag or bagless vacuum
There are many things to consider when you purchase a new appliance. For a vacuum, there are many choices. You can go for a cordless or plug-in, an upright or canister, and choose a bagless model or one that uses an Ottawa vacuum bag.
Originally all vacuums were equipped with a bag to capture the dust, dirt and debris. They were non-disposable and needed to be emptied outdoors. Today there are several different models and styles, including the choice between a bag and a bagless. Bagged units collect all the dust inside the removable and disposable bags. Bagless sweepers have a filter that sends the debris into a chamber or bin, which needs to be emptied and cleaned periodically.
Benefits of using a vacuum with a bag include:
- The dust and mess are all contained within the bag and can be disposed of and replaced with a new, clean version.
- It is much easier to pull out the bag than with a bagless version, where you need to empty the bin into the trash and possibly release dirt back into the air.
- Pollutants are captured within the bag.
- Most bags can hold up to two pounds of dust, so you won't need to deal with the job very often.
Benefits of a bagless system:
- You won't ever have to spend money on bags again.
- If you are in the middle of a project and the bin is filled, clean it out and keep going. If you run out of bags, you are stopped in your tracks.
- Although you need to take care, clearing the bin is easy. You will also need to attend to the filter from time to time.
Both versions can come with a HEPA filter to give you cleaner air and to help with pet dander and pollen.
Find the best vacuum options at Vacuum Parts Canada.
If you are reading this article, chances are that you are looking for a new vacuum. But which type should you choose? Vacuums have come a long way in recent years, and there are now many different types on the market. If you are still unsure about which one to choose, Vacuum Parts Canada has a wide range of options that will surely fit your needs.